I was all excited to set up this blog and then, nothing. Well, what can I say. I often feel like I don't have anything worth posting. Life keeps me so busy that I rarely have time to return e-mails, let alone post a blog. But I set this up and I will try harder. Maybe Nathan will even help me out by giving his own updates once in a while. For now it will just be my though.
This last week Nathan was playing basketball at the church with the guys and that will be his last game for a long time. During the game his body went one way while one of his feet stayed put and now he has a sprained knee. He is on crutches because he can't walk without them. It's been FUN couple of days with many more to follow. It was his right knee so he can't drive either. So, we have been getting up at 6am every morning to drive him to work. Yes, the entire family. The kids and I come back home and hang out on the couch eating breakfast or dozing-off until 8 or 9 and then we finally get moving to start our own day.
Other than Nathan's injury, everyone else is doing well. I am now just past the 14 week mark and we are looking forward to March when we will hopefully find out the sex of the baby.
I took Matthew and Abi with me to my doctor appointment on Friday and they got to hear the baby's heartbeat. Matthew was convinced that he would finally get to see this baby we keep talking about and was disappointed when all the doctor did was listen to my belly. After the doctor explained what he was doing and helped Matthew to recognize the baby's heartbeat he got a little more excited. Abi was just in her own world and curious about what she could get into more than what the rest of us were doing. The doctor made sure they got to choose a sticker before we left and that made their day.
February 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Yeah Anna! You did it! I love blogging. I don't have time to talk on the phone so this is a great way to keep in touch whenever you have 5 or 30 mins to spare for yourself. People are always asking me "How do you have time to keep up a blog?" Well, my laptop is in the kitchen so when I get a chance I stop and get online to see what my friends and family are up to, I do. Hope you keep it up. And next time you go to the doctor's CALL ME I'LL BABYSIT! I know how it is to drag kids along and try to keep them calm and quiet! So drop them off, I'm always home...except for the only time I get to leave the house to pick up Ethan at 11:30 and Elijah at 2:30, so call me next time! Sorry this is so long! Talk to ya later! Ofaz, Priscilla
Sorry to hear about your husband. I love to blog, and Steve is just happy that I have something to keep me happy. Plus, we get to keep our family and friends updated. Good luck with your pregnancy. We're at the tail end of our third pregnancy. I'm due at the end of the month. Good luck with the blogging. Once you get started you start thinking of ways to get a moment or whatever into a blog! Have fun!
The Richins
Hey Nate, sorry to hear about the knee, though technically I think it is now referred to as a "high-ankle sprain". It is good to see you guys taking another swing at this, if it weren't for Erin we wouldn't have one. I started one over a year ago and only posted a few times when I was trying to avoid doing my homework. Anyways, looking forward to seeing you guys again. If your ever over this way, looking for snakes or scorpions or UXO, give us a call.
Stan
Anna, I'm so excited that you have a blog. I love reading blogs! I need to look at your scrapbooking things. I'm so glad you're doing well. I will have to update you on my life.
Love
Laura
PS
The blogger name Marva is a nickname I acquired recently.
Hope you don't mind me checking yours out once in awhile.
If you want to check mine out feel free.
It's great to have another blogging friend. I think I'm a little obsessed.
Meg
Hey I didnt know you blog!! Its fun to keep up with everyone..especially since I'm always running around crazy. Sorry I missed playgroup we were having shots for Kindergarten registration. Yeah!! Trust me Brynlee really would have prefered to be over there! And what were you thinking taking the kids to the drs you are so brave! keep in touch
hey anna...i haven't seen you for so long. i just happened on to your blog. add me to your friends. i don't have many that blog but my family loves to check it even though they don't keep one. it really is fun and a great way to journal. i just print out what i've entered every so often and stash it in my journal. hope you are feeling o.k. Barb
this is the only way I get to see everyone now! I've really been bad about my blog, and havent put anything up in awhile, so I need to get better! I got the pampered chief stuff in the mail and looked it over a little bit, but will do more with it soon!
New post! How is the gimps knee doing? Nate, are you up to come down and play in our church ball league? It's only a 4 hour drive each way, but if you score 6 or more points I'll take you out to dinner, score 12 or more points and we'll watch the kids so you can take Anna out to dinner. Seriously though, anything new going on? Hope that all is well.
Stan
Post a Comment